28 Jun How to Eliminate Stress At Work: 5 Simple Strategies Anyone Can Follow
Feeling stressed at work is pretty much inevitable. After a long day, we experience stress when we feel situations are out of our control.
Any job can have stressful elements, regardless if you love what you do. In the short-term, you might experience pressure to meet a deadline. But when work stress is excessive and ongoing, it can be overwhelming — and risky to both physical and emotional health.
How do you know if your stress level is unmanageable:
- You’ve lost your motivation at work
- Miserable mood
- You experience headaches and muscle tension
The key is to deal with stress so it remains at the healthy level. But it is easier to said than done, isn’t it?
We’ve rounded up 5 tips to help manage and reduce your stress levels:
- Start your day right – start of the day with good nutrition, positive attitude and proper planning. That includes regular exercise and getting enough sleep to prevent a wide range of health problems. Also, don’t add to your stress levels by running late.
- Stay organised – planning ahead to stay organise can significantly decrease stress at work. Being organised will save you time looking for things and you will have more time to work on important tasks.
- Get some fresh air – a break outdoors is not only good for destressing, it can also help boost your productivity when you get back to work.
- Ask for support – If you are experiencing stress in the workplace, the best way to address these issues is to speak to your boss or HR. You may work together to determine what might be contributing to your stress and highlight any changes needed.
- Take steps to manage work-life balance – work-life balance is extremely important because it influences the well-being of individuals, families, and communities. It is about separating your personal and professional lives without allowing one to interrupt upon the other.
In times of work stress or difficulties, it’s always to plow your energy into something positive.